Wednesday, September 23, 2009

[AP] Early Playtest

I was playing with Nate and Shane. The version was pre-7-day Release.

I made a mistake and forgot to setup the Protagonist ahead of time. IT worked out in the end though.

But, it worked out, I madfe a villain, Baron Krueger. An actual Baron from the old country who is kicking people out of their homes in Chicago in order to fulfill his Goal of building a railway from Chicago to San Fransisco.

I established that the Baron has been causing trouble in neighborhoods in order to get people to sign their deeds over to him. He was using thugs and never seemed to appear to be doing anything wrong. His lackeys had just cleared out a tenement about 1/2 a mile away from where the characters' friends and family live.

So, up to this pojint, it was chargen na dme talking. Once play started, the freeform resolution mechanic was pretty awkward. At the time, I had chalked it up to my inexperience with freeform. Once we got to a point where the Conflict rules took over, it was fun.
I forgot to tell the players how easy it was to manifest vampire powers, so no one did that.
The Conflict was a nail-biter and if I had played a little hard, I might have won.
One aspect that is so great is that whenever I discuss conflict strategy, it inevitably devolves into if you had played X, I would have played Y and canceled it. That is exactly the feel I was going for so, that was awesome!
Dave M

No comments:

Post a Comment